Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #:
Title: Nurse Navigator
Department: Neurology ClinicPosting Date: November 27, 2019Shift:
40 hoursShift Length:
UMass Memorial Medical Center University Campus
Guides patients through the healthcare system from screening through diagnosis, by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers and tracking interventions and outcomes. Promotes a positive work environment which emphasizes respect to our customers, patients, patients families, physicians, staff and other department. Serves as a clinical expert in the care of these patients.
- Facilitates the entry of patients into the diagnostic and/or treatment system and coordinates their care including family involvement. Follows the patients throughout the continuum of health care services across multiple departments.
- Assists patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and resources available.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary planning conferences, collaboratively assists with the development of patient summaries for use by care team.
- Evaluates progress of patients along the continuum and is responsible for professional and personal modifications along with the healthcare team as appropriate.
- Develops relationships with all referring providers including but not limited to, Neurologist, Primary Care Providers, or other members of the medical team and serves as a liaison between the patient and the providers.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure and registration.
- Certification in Neurosciences.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Demonstrates leadership experience.
- Excellent teaching skills, consultation skills and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel, maintenance of spread sheets
- Experience in acute care and/or other Neurological disease specific conditions.
- Ambulatory Nurse or other ANCC certification.
Standards of Respect:
Were striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial for our patients and for each other. Were expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Internal ID: 200926PandoLogic . Category: , Keywords: Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Loading some great jobs for you...