Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary:
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for creating and executing the strategic sourcing activities (for both U.S. and Global) and leading supplier relationship management for a given set of commodity / business areas. For those given commodity / business areas, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will work with key Business Partners to design optimal processes and sourcing/procurement solutions that meet the business' needs and produce synergies for Daiichi Sankyo - while minimizing business risk Responsibilities:
- Utilizing the 6-Step Strategic Sourcing Process, lead RFx efforts with business stakeholders for given commodity areas
- Creates category strategies for given commodity areas and executes projects that support the category strategy
- Liaison with business partners to ensure that procurement policies and methodologies are understood and utilized. Serve as the lead "relationship manager" to deliver strategic sourcing insights and best practices to the business partners.
- Develop and execute risk management strategies designed to protect DSI and assure continued supply of goods and services.
- Measure value delivered to the business by utilizing an approved Savings Calculation Methodology & Savings Tracking System / Tool as well as tracking non quantitative value delivered to the business.
- Manage a select number of suppliers in the supplier management program to enable innovation and continuous improvement.
- Identify new areas of opportunity to drive additional sourcing value as well as identify and evaluate best in class processes and tools
- Work closely with P2P Procurement to integrate the Small Business Administration plan and P2P continuous improvement into the sourcing activities.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; MBA and/or Certified Professional in Supply Management (C.P.S.M) highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Procurement. Experience in strategic sourcing, supplier management and payment management is a must. Experience working with an e-Procurement tool is desirable. Indirect procurement and pharma experience is preferred.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Manager Strategic SourcingCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Corporate Finance State