RN-Registered Nurse - Progressive Neurology - Part Time or Weekend Option
Compensation: $62,450.00 - $82,440.00 /year *
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
We Are Hiring RN-Registered Nurse - Neurology Intermedte Care 001 - Part Time or Weekend Option--- Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,INWhy Join Ascension? In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide--direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--1 Month (30 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Indiana Board of Nursing--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing requiredWork Experience:
- None required.--What to expect in our Neurology / Progressive Neurology Unit:St. Vincent has partnered with Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine, one of the largest and most progressive neurosurgical practices in North America. We have also achieved the nation---s highest level of stroke care, which is shared by less than 4% of hospitals in the United States. With these accomplishments, we can provide care to large population of high acuity patients. Our Nurse to patient ratio varies from 4:1 or 3:1 depending on the level of patient acuity.--Patients We Serve: Medical and Surgical Population:
- Stroke (about 50% of current census)
- Seizure and Epilepsy
- Trauma Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Acute Encephalopathies
- Intrathecal Morphine/Baclofen Pump
- Aneurysm Repairs
- Laminectomy/Discectomy--Educational Opportunities:
- NIHSS certification
- Neuro Core Class
- Trauma Case Conference
- Monthly Brain Food Lunch and Learn
- AANN ConferenceEqual Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. is the Law Poster Supplement-- note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify (link to E-verify site)--
Associated topics: asn, care, coronary, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...